The book of John opens with an interesting introduction of the person of Jesus. It is as though, Apostle John thought in his heart, "How would they understand his purpose, his sufferings, his temptations, his actions, his authority, the miracles and his behaviour if they don't know Him?"
Jesus' Identity prophesied all that. So John took his time to introduce our Jesus in an interesting narrative recorded in John Chapter 1.
The 14 Identities of Jesus as seen in John Chapter 1 goes thus;
1. Jesus, the word
2. Jesus, the creator
3. Jesus, the life
4. Jesus, the light of all men
5. Jesus the begotten of the father
6. Jesus, the son of God
7. Jesus, the son of man (Made flesh)
8. Jesus, the Christ (Greek for the anointed one
9. Jesus, the Messiah (Hebrew for the anointed one)
10. Jesus, the lamb of God
11. Jesus, the master
12. Jesus of Nazareth, Son of Joseph
13.Jesus, the faultless
14. Jesus, the king of Israel
This introduction of Jesus stands as a foundation for the rest of the book. In confirmation, we see Jesus function in these various identities throughout scripture.
The questions to ponder are;
1. Which of these Identities of Jesus have you personally encountered?
2. Which of them are you drawn to the most?
3. Which of them are you most grateful for?
4. Which of them have impacted your life?
I will be waiting for you in the comment section.
Meanwhile, this post is an excerpt of our study at The Birthplace Foundation.
We are set to raise people who are aligned with God and we are doing that through discipleship. Below is 2 of 12 monthly guides by which we are fulfilling this mandate. If you are looking for a community to grow and wax strong in your spiritual life, I guarantee you, this is the place. Join here